macbook and 24" lcd monitor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac|MacBook
so i can hook my macbook up to the 24" monitor through usb right? will i be able to plug my speakers in through the monitors usb?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
so i can hook my macbook up to the 24" monitor through usb right? will i be able to plug my speakers in through the monitors usb?

Which monitor are you referring to??

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
so i can hook my macbook up to the 24" monitor through usb right?

What is it you mean by that?
Use USB to get a picture on your 24" monitor? - No
Connect a USB cable to an incoming USB port to enable additional USB ports on the monitor? - should be able to if the monitor in question has that feature

will i be able to plug my speakers in through the monitors usb?

Kind of doubt it. Don't know that I've ever seen any USB speakers. (Not to say they don't exist.)

For better answers, you'll need to provide some detail as to what it is you're trying to do along with the make and model of your monitor and the speakers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Of course, remember the old Harmon Kardon Sounsticks? They are USB, I have a pair - they don't work anymore, but they did work well through USB. They will work via USB off your monitor, I used mine off my 23" ACD for 3 years.

Your monitor will power through DVI or mini DVI or whatever though, not USB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.