MSN shows contacts in "Appear Offline" mode as online

Reaction score
Hello,

I am running Microsoft Messenger for Mac version 7.0.2 on Leopard 10.5.8 and I just noticed that I can see which of my contacts are online even if they are in "Appear Offline" mode.

This doesn't seem a problem to me though I would like to know if my contacts can see me online as well if I set my MSN status to "Appear Offline".

Is anyone else experimenting this issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
dude, tbh,
if u are using msn, then it is worth gettin aduim & amsn

adium is good for general use
and amsn supports webcam/video

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I'm also using Messenger for Mac, and all of my friends on Messenger are using Windows, so I don't know if my friends can see me when I "appear offline". But for me, just within the past couple of days, I have been able to see them online, even when their status is set to "appear offline".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
I pretty much dont really like anything made by microsoft...
especially their OS's !!!!

their best was XP home editiion!!!

Reaction score
I'm using aMSN on MacOSX 10.5.8, and just one of my friends is coming up online as "appear offline". She's using the same MSN version on her Windows laptop that she's had for nearly a year, so I have no idea where the issue could be. There weren't any updates for either version in the past few days, I think. The issue first presented about 3 days ago, I think.

Anyone have a clue what's going on?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.