Iskin has left impressions on screen

Reaction score
Hello guys and those experienced with this forum, I have a high end macbook pro, one of which i pamper regularly.
I normally leave the iskin pro arctic frost keyboard protector on it when it is off or in sleep mode. Upon cleaning it i noticed when i wipe with the Iklear cloth after i already have put the spray on it, then i can see an impression of the keyboard key and shape of the Iskin faintly in the screen also 3 or 4 vertical lines that run parallel of each other across the screen.

I will now never leave the Silcone cover when it is closed. I have almost wasted an entire bottle of Iklear on it and it will not come off. The only time it does not show is after it dries and i polish it only then can you not see the impressions.

The only time again that it is visible is when i spray the cleaning liquid on the cloth and wipe or the screen. Is there any advice or other compound I can use to totally remove this oil residue or impression so i do not see it when i wipe the Iklear cleaner on it. Please only experts or people that have been thru this and resloved it reply.

I have used windex, i klear etc. is it oil transferred from my iskin cover to screen and why is it only noticable when wet and wiping and not when completely fry.... ; / thanks for the help

thanks

S. Pekerol
Macbook pro 2.8 User

Reaction score
No professionals have been through this, cause they know to steer clear from keyboard covers... why don't you just leave it.

If it's not there when it's dry... what difference does it make.

be careful...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP UNI C2D 2.53 4gb
I've never had a problem with my moshi keyboard cover hitting the screen. Maybe i'm just lucky..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.