minor annoyance - selecting by typing in "open file" menus

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
So since I've installed Snow Leopard, I cannot in an "open file" or "select a file" menu (i.e. choosing a file to upload through safari, or adium or what have you) click into the list of files or directories and begin typing and then have OS X highlight the closet thing to what I have been typing. This was always handy while searching for a folder in my itunes library or something.

It's not of huge importance, more like a minor annoyance... but wouldn't it be great if apple fixed this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Tell Apple!

OS 10.6.1 didn't fix it?

OS 10.6.2 will be coming. Get your suggestions in now!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Just to be sure, when you say "menu," you mean "dialog box," right? Menus are the things that you pull down from the menu bar, or the similar doodads that come up when you control-click the mouse or click on a popup menu.

Assuming that's what you mean, it just fine for me in Snow Leopard. Type a name, it highlights the first matching item, just like in the Finder.

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah, yes, that is what I mean... and interesting that that works for you. How do I go about telling Apple? I suppose I could google this and find out, but if one of you is faster... that'd be good.

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nevermind, found out where to do it. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.