Macbook Pro 13" Battery Concerns!

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to this forum, felt that you guys could help me with my problem.

Well first of all, I LOVE the Macbook. I'm a first time user, and I've fallen in love with it! I'm sure you all agree.

Anyways, I just got the Macbook Pro 13" for 3 days, but I've never seen the 7 hours max battery life. Rarely does it go over 6hours. I've calibrated the battery before, and one weird thing is, I downloaded coconutbattery and it estimated that the age of my mac is 3 weeks! And the battery Load cycle is already 3. 3 for 3 days? I don't think that will last for the advertised 5 years...

Another important issue: apparently my current battery capacity is 96%. 96%!!! I've used it for 3 days and that's what I have left on the total capacity???

I normally use it with 50% brightness, NO Bluetooth, AirPort ON, and Windows Messenger, couple Firefox tabs open, sometimes Microsoft Word, Photoshop, iTunes.

What I'm really trying to ask is, should I ask for another one due to the "shortage of battery"? Or do you guys even consider this as a shortage?

Last but not least, is it BAD to keep your Macbook plugged into the outlet? Like, because I know some of the laptops, you're not supposed to keep it in the outlet for so long, because it kills the battery.

Thanks in advance for your help ,
-Rich

Update: I'm currently @ 94%, I have 4:59 left. Running 2 Firefox window, 50% brightness, bluetooth off, iTunes on, 1/10 noise level, Windows Messenger. Is it just me, or does the time jump like every one minute?!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.