Which MacBook should I choose

Reaction score
Hello everybody I want to buy a cool MacBook, but I don't know which should I choose, Can somebody help me? I don't do important things on computer by the way, I just watch youtube videos sometimes and talk on msn and facebook too, I also love to listen to musics and watch movies, that's all I do. I always wanted to buy a MacBook but I want a fast and some that wouldn't give me problems, basically the best one! I got 2000$ to waste so I've been looking in store apple and I found those.

Macbook: Apple - MacBook - White polycarbonate 13-inch MacBook

13-inch 2.13GHz
Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR2 Memory
160GB hard drive1
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics
Standard keyboard
White polycarbonate shell

Macbook Pro: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...mco=NzcwNjgxMg

13-inch: 2.53GHz
Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB Memory
250GB hard drive1
SD card slot
Built-in 7-hour battery2

MacBook Air: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...mco=Nzk2MDgzMA

2.13GHz
Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 1066MHz frontside bus
2GB Memory
128GB solid-state drive1

Which one do you think I'd enjoy more? Thank you guys. :D

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Out of those three, I would go with the 2nd one. Glass touch Keyboard, back lit keyboard and longer battery life. Plus it has 4GB of RAM, a SD slot and has a faster CPU than the other two.

Air doesn't have a SuperDrive so you won't be able to watch DVDs. Unless you want to bring a external USB DVD drive with you. It doesn't help that it also only has one USB port.

OP
S
Reaction score
Does MacBook pro has LED? or whatever it's called somebody told me LED is cool.

Reaction score
The second model that you listed is the exact same one that I currently have and thats the one I think you should go for. I don't mean my opionion to be bias but I really do enjoy the aluminum feel of the macbook pro. For one thing it adds a lot more strength to the notebook and it doesn't feel as cheap as the polycarbonate ones. Secondly, the trackpad is just amazing. After using it, I don't see how I could use anything else. If money is not an issue, then I'd definitely go for the second option. You won't be dissapointed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz C2D (Black), 4GB RAM, 320GB Disk, MAC OSX 10.6.1, AC, 80Gig Classic, iPhone 16G 3G
Agreed the second option is excellent and you will be very happy with it. I'm looking to upgrade my Macbook Black (3,1) soon and I'm guessing that a MB Pro would be the best choice.

However I like the look of the powerful graphics card as I've spent years with a GMX3100 and that's just painful. I would like a machine that I can play Warcraft/NWN/Quake on during my down time and that means I need a bit more power in the GFX location. However I can see whether 256 or 512Mb GFX RAM will make much of a difference.

Jez.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the support, I think I'll choose the MacBook Pro, seems way better than the others it has more memory it means it is faster than others right? I also would like to ask if I can play games such as Counter Strike and Tibia on Mac, if I can't I'd like to know some good games that I could play in that MacBook Pro, thanks for everything.

Reaction score
Well the Macbook Pro that your considering has a 2.53Ghz processor as opposed with the 2.4ghz processor of the polycarbonate. It really doesn't make that huge of a difference but yes, the macbook pro is slightly faster. I play counter-strike on my macbook pro and it works flawlessly under bootcamp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz C2D (Black), 4GB RAM, 320GB Disk, MAC OSX 10.6.1, AC, 80Gig Classic, iPhone 16G 3G
Jayt - which Macbook Pro are you using? I would have thought that you would need the discrete card for the 3d rendering.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
what ever you do dont get an air.... they are so unpractical!!!

Reaction score
Jayt - which Macbook Pro are you using? I would have thought that you would need the discrete card for the 3d rendering.

I'm using the 2.53Ghz 13" Macbook Pro. From what i've read, you don't really need the discrete card for 3D rendering. Nvidia's integrated 9400m does a pretty good job but obviously having a discrete card would increase performance. When I play CS source, I get around 88 fps at all settings high and no AA.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.