syncing old iphone on new old computer...

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 2.66 ghz C2D 4 GB RAM
i know, sounds crazy. stay with me here and i'll try and keep this short. i'm searching all over and can't find an answer.

i have an iBook G4 with 10.4.x on it. i'm running the latest version of iTunes. the reason i'm in this situation is because my old hard drive died, and i had to put in a new one. i can't find my 10.5 discs and had to boot from 10.4 and can't access my time machine backups as a result.

the phone is a 32 gb 3GS. on my old hard drive and my external hard drive i have daily iphone backups.

if i plug my iphone into my computer, it says it's syncing, but i don't think it really is. it's not transferring new music to the phone. it's not adding my contacts over.

if i restore this will i lose my contacts? that's all i'm worried about. everything else is recoverable in one way or another. the 3.1.1 update is days away and i would like to do that asap, but i don't want to lose the contacts.

OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 2.66 ghz C2D 4 GB RAM
Anyone? I read something about deauthorizing and authorizing computers. Any input?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.