Re-installing MAC OSX Software

O

Orane

Hey Guys,

I'm having some trouble with my Powerbook G4 computer, and the only resolution I could find was to reinstall the operating system. Here is the scenario:

1) I inserted the Installation Disk One (1) and held down on the "C" key in order to boot from the disk.

2) After booting, it then guided me to "Install Mac OSX" screen whereas I proceeded to the "Select Destination" screen.

3) When I reached to the Select Destination screen there are NO DRIVES being displayed.

I have no idea were to take it from here, and I'm very frustrated as this is a brand new system that had coincidentally crashed whilst undergoing some simple procedures. Anyhow, your feedback is highly anticipated.

- Orane Productions

OSX 10.3

Reaction score
when you boot from CD and setup starts, go to Intsaller in menu bar, and then go to disk utility. and then see if your disk shows up in there. if it does, then click repair disk after selecting teh right disk on the left side bar...

just a guess, good luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Orane said:
Hey Guys,

I'm having some trouble with my Powerbook G4 computer, and the only resolution I could find was to reinstall the operating system. Here is the scenario:

1) I inserted the Installation Disk One (1) and held down on the "C" key in order to boot from the disk.

2) After booting, it then guided me to "Install Mac OSX" screen whereas I proceeded to the "Select Destination" screen.

3) When I reached to the Select Destination screen there are NO DRIVES being displayed.

I have no idea were to take it from here, and I'm very frustrated as this is a brand new system that had coincidentally crashed whilst undergoing some simple procedures. Anyhow, your feedback is highly anticipated.

- Orane Productions

OSX 10.3

If your HD is not showing up when you attempt to select a destination drive, try resetting your Parameter RAM.
If you reset the PRAM and still have no HD displayed, then it is quite possible that your disk is toast. If you are still under warranty, this is a repair covered by Apple.
I had the same thing happen to my iBook and Apple just replaced my HD. And they were pretty darn fast about doing it too! I sent them the iBook on a Monday afternoon and it was repaired and delivered to my doorstep by Wednesday morning!!! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.