Can't see any text in Pages

Reaction score
All text in Pages is white. I'm absolutely sure that the text is not set to be white. You can't see any text unless you highlight something, and it's highlighted in violet (which is strange because the system default is still blue.)

All templates open the same way, with all white text that can't be see unless highlighted.

What is going on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Open your Universal Access pane in System Preferences

Make sure Black on White is selected.

If it is, there is a problem with Pages, not a System problem.

Next step; open your Home Folder (with house icon)
Open Libary>Preferences (NOT Preference Panes)
Find com.apple.iWork.Pages.plist and drag it to your Desktop
Now open Pages

If that doesn't fix it, I'm out of ideas. But report your results. Maybe that will give a new clue.

Reaction score
Help

I have the same issue. I tried changing the text color, didn't work. I can see the text only when i highlight it. I tried taking the com.apple.iwork.pages.... thing to the desktop and opening it and what I got was text edit with a bunch of garbled words and symbols.

Help appreciated!! Thanks!

Reaction score
Got it

I downloaded the update for pages 08 and it works fine now. hopefully others can figure this out, it was quite frustrating until I got the update

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.