MMS is working now

Reaction score
I typed an ipcc code on Mac's Terminal and saved it on my desktop. Then, Open itunes, connect iphone then press Option-Click on the "Check Update" button (on Mac) and choose the ippc file on my desktop. Disconnected and reboot iphone.

The last step go to: setting, general,network. It added a new MMS window where I typed all the info below:

APN: wap.cingular
user: wap.cingulargprs.com
pw: CINGULAR1 (this is case sensitive)
mmsc: mmsc.cingular.com
proxy: 66.209.11.32

I tested it and it worked:D

Or you can wait for the update on September 25.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
There have been hacks to make MMS work out there for some month now, and it's not that difficult. That being said, it's only 2 days until it's "officially" supported. I think I can wait.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz, 4gb | 16gb white iPhone 3Gs | MacBook 2.1GHz, 1gb | 40gb AppleTV |
I have an original 8 gig iPhone. I've heard/read mix things about wether it will be able to do the MMS upgrade when they release it tomorrow. Does anyone know for sure it if I'll get it too?

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 2.66 ghz C2D 4 GB RAM
I have an original 8 gig iPhone. I've heard/read mix things about wether it will be able to do the MMS upgrade when they release it tomorrow. Does anyone know for sure it if I'll get it too?
i was under the impression it was just 3G and 3GS owners that got it.

Reaction score

the original iPhone is more than capable of the MMS. Apple does not want it to have that capability through iPhone software updates. they want you to buy a new iphone

its just some programming that makes MMS work anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook black 2.2 GHz, 4Gb Ram - iPhone 4
my mms has been working for a while now too. i loaded the ipcc hack on in thru itunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It's officially available now. We don't need hacks anymore.

JRV

Reaction score
I got the message saying it was active and that every mms would cost .30 cents unless I had a plan for it already. What does this mean? I have 200 text messages a month included with my iphone plan. Does this cover the mms or is that additional?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
ok, so now that we have it, can someone explain to the old guy how to use it?

edit: nevermind - not working here because I still don't have the option for it in settings

yes I did get a carrier update today

re-edit: just got a message from AT&T - which said to restart the phone for MMS to start up - so even the old guy can figure it out now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I got the message saying it was active and that every mms would cost .30 cents unless I had a plan for it already. What does this mean? I have 200 text messages a month included with my iphone plan. Does this cover the mms or is that additional?

If that is the $20 a month plan for the iPhone, MMS should not work. MMS is only for the 3G and the 3GS.

.30 cents only applys to people that have no messaging plan. If you pay a certain amount of texts per month then MMS should be covered as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.