Exposé

J

Jefe3223

I'm not one for upgrading my computer's OS too often. I've been happy with my 10.3.4 ibook for a long time. Well, I wanted to try World of Warcraft and that need 10.3.5. Oh man, so I updated to that fine and everything works alright...except: I hit F10 by accident. Well, F10 is assigned to exposé desktop option. In 10.3.4, it would move all the windows off to the sides of the screen (away where you can't see them) and let you handle your desktop. I loved that! But now in 10.3.4 It moves all program windows off into a little box in the lower left part of the screen. That's not the only problem, when I hit F10 by accident, I hit it again to gain the windows back under control and it logged me out. THEN I was curious and did it again, but this time the computer froze. I had control over the mouse but nothing else happened. I need to restart. What should I do? I want my 10.3.4 back, hahaha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
try updating to 10.3.8... 10.3.9 should be here any day now

OP
J

Jefe3223

I guess I have no choice...Just out of curiousity, any one with an up-to-date 10.3 wana tell me if their exposé desktop button moves everything off the screen like in 10.3.4 or into a box like 10.3.5?

OP
J

Jefe3223

Well, I updated to 10.3.8, tried exposé and gues what? What? It froze again. I'm REALLY quite angry. The desktop exposé was one of my favorite buttons. I'd really like to figure out how to get it to work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
download Onyx. it has all the options (UNIX: write default) for exposé. i personally like the small box on the desktop, but thats why they are called options.

for the freezing, you might want to try the generic OS X fixes:
-repair permissions
-clear the PRAM
-and run the Onyx maintenance scripts
note: you can search the forums if you dont already know how to do these

OP
J

Jefe3223

Thanks a lot, man. Yeah, I've done both of those before, so I know how. I downloaded Onyx, and it has made me SO happy to push the exposé off the screen again. I hope there won't be a problem with the freezing again. But, thank you much (also, may 10.3.8 serve me well).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.