Since I installed SL I am having problems with Word 2008

Reaction score
The interesting thing is, that I have two computers but I have problems with Word crashing only on one.

I search everywhere and so far I:
Deleted the word.plist
Replace Normal.dot
Check fonts
Reinstalled SL

None of these had any effect.
It still crashing.
Any ideas or solutions?
Thank you.
The Office is fully updated.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Are you getting any error messages? Are you doing anything in particular when it crashes?

In your list, you haven't mentioned reinstalling Office. Have you tried this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You seemed to have done everything but reinstall Office 2008. Use the Office 2008 uninstaller app to completely remove Office and then reinstall. Be sure to download all the updates and service packs after reinstalling. The uninstaller will not remove any documents or custom templates that you may have but I would back them up anyway.

Regards.

OP
D
Reaction score
It is true, I did not reinstall Office. On my searches, someone posted that it did not do anything but I will give it a try.
Each time when it crashes there is a message to be sent sometimes to Microsoft, other times to Apple.
The crashes do not have a pattern.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can turn off those crash reports to Apple and Microsoft. They probably don't read them anyway. At least with MS, there's too many to read. :)

You might also want to go to the Microsoft Office for Mac user forums and ask questions there or just read and search. Very knowledgeable folks there are always ready to help. Here's the link.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.