Logic Express Vs Logic Pro ??

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking to purchase a DAW from Apple for my iMac but have found they only have 2 versions Logic Express & Logic Pro i dont want Logic Studio because of all it's extra applications which would be no use to me at all... so would Logic Express be good enough to record pro music on for retail ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, ProTools HD, Digi 192
It really comes down to what you're going to be recording. If you're going to be recording full bands and are going to need the entire logic pro program, then you shouldn't waste your time with Logic express. If you're just going to be doing drums, and then putting guitar over it (something more simple), I would go with logic express. Even if you get logic express and you don't like, you can always just upgrade... I think.

OP
musicmad
Reaction score
How is it with the upgrade from Express to Logic Pro, does one receive the whole package discs included all in the box ? or is the upgrade an online process ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, ProTools HD, Digi 192
I don't use logic but I would imagine it's sometime type of set you have to buy. I would go to an Apple store and talk to a representative about exactly what you want to do, and they should be able to give you what you need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.26GHz 8-Core
I have just bought Logic Express and it is very good, more than capable of producing commercial quality. The demo projects back this up.
I have come from Sonar so everything is new to me at the moment. Thats the reason I went for express, so I can learn the majority of the program at a small cost. When I feel the need for further mastering tools etc I can then upgrade.

Also, the money you save can go towards other software/hardware.
Hope this helps you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.