Trouble with IMAP folders in Mac Mail after Snow Leopard upgrade...

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've run into a bit of a quirky issue.

I updated my laptop's OS to SL, but left my desktop alone in case things went wrong. Sure enough, something has.

I have my mail set up in IMAP, so that I can keep three very important folders in my INBOX. To achieve this, I created folders on my webmail interface, and on 10.5, I set my IMAP path prefix to "INBOX" and it therefore does not show the extra IMAP folders I don't want to see (like Trash, Junk Mail, Tasks, etc).

However, on Snow Leopard, even though all my settings are exactly the same (and confirmed by MobileMe sync as well), my folders will not show up correctly, and all the crap folders are still there.

Anyone have any ideas?

Reaction score
I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you but I want to know too (it's so annoying!) so I'll bump this thread up :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2.4 Ghz
I have a similar problem. In Leopard I had only the "Mailbox" in the side bar. That contained the inbox/sent/trash/junk folders.I had set up three email accounts [2 gmail, 1 yahoo] & all the mail would go into the inbox [except junk ofcourse]

After upgrading to Snow Leopard, I now get the all my Gmail accounts in the sidebar & the mail does not go into the inbox as it did in 10.5.8. Also yahoo mail has not been setup automatically. It now asks for incoming & outgoing servers.

Please help!!
[screenshots]
In Leopard
http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/1/18/2274354/L.png

In Snow Leopard
http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/1/18/2274354/SL.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac desktop 10.4.11, iMac laptop 10.6
IMAP setup

I'm trying to sync email between a desktop iMac running 10.4.11 and a laptop iMac running 10.6

I have my own domain which is the server receiving email.

Anyone have a link to specific docks for this?

Any MAC professional just tries selling mobileme which I don't want.

Any help would be most welcome.

Cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.