Trouble logging into MSN

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm having problems logging into MSN, I know for sure my email and password is right, but when I try to log in an error message "Sign in to MSN Messenger failed because the service is not responding. The service is not available or you may not be connected to the internet."

I can still log into hotmail and check my emails. Also, when I try logging into my other MSN account on my computer it's fine.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
Which MSN client are you using?

Reaction score
Same problem ):

I have the same problem as you! I have had my mac for about a week now and three days ago msn wouldn't work. every time i signed in i received the same message as you did.
I am kind of concerned that I made the mistake of not sticking with windows and i'm not awesome with computers anyway.
I have a macbook OS X version 10.6.5 (no idea if that information is relevant at all) and the version of messenger that i have is the one that was pre-installed on the laptop.
I have tried un-installiing and re-installing several times but this has not fixed the problem and I have also cleared the user information from it several times with no solution. I have tried restarting my machine and check for updates to my computer every time i log on.
I can't fix it ):

Please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Sorry havnt got a answer for you both ..... But welcome to the forums :)

My advice is to not use MSN in anyway what so ever. IMO they are still trying to get it *right* and i have personally always had problems with it.

Alot around here use Adium. Its a multi client chat App that when set up be used with
20101125-8kkg8mjcm11jmr7ruir27fwauc.jpg

IMO this is the best option .... Sorry cant come up with a answer for you apart from trying to find the .plist and putting that on your desktop then to re launch msn again

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.