Problem deleting photos/movies to free up space

Reaction score
I have filled up my hard drive with pictures and movies in iPhoto to the point where I only had 198 MB left and I didn't have room for anything else. I couldn't even get emails at one point and I can not do any updates. So, I started to burn the movie/picture files from iPhoto to a DVD then deleting them from iPhoto. I had freed up almost 10GB of memory. So, I restarted my computer thinking it would help make more memory and when I restarted my computer it says I only have 281 MB left. I have NO IDEA what happened. All the photos I copied seem to be gone. My trash can is empty and the trash on iPhoto is empty. I just got Snow Leopard with iLife and iWorks and the 2 TB time capsule but, I can't use it until I free up some space on my computer. I am so frustrated. I guess, I should just keep taking off more photos?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
Try restarting again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
hmmmm how strange....
where were the photos stored?
in the pictures folder??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.