ARG! Powerbook G4 startup issue HELP!

M

msimonkey

I primarily am a Win user but use mac at my job. I have a Powerbook G4 (OX 10.3.9) and have an issue I cant seem to fix. The mac gets stuck on the Apple Startup screen with spinning gears. I have reset the PRAM and have also tried starting up in safe mode. These both have not done anything. The issue started this morning after I spent half an hour troubleshooting with AOL. I trashed some preferences for AOL and reset the network to look for wireless by default. I took out the battery and tried restarting several times but I cant get it to do anything else. I have the Mac OSX v10.2 disks but am not sure what else to do. I dont mind erasing everything on this mac as it is not used that much. Its a little over a year old and in great shape. I am totally lost and would appreciate some help PLEEEEASE!
:flower:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Start up the PowerBook using the install CDs. Just insert the CD and hold the "C" key while the computer is booting up. When it starts from the CD, go to the Disk Utility and choose the Repair Disk option under First Aid.
When you have finished that, try booting normally again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
when you say you reset it to look for the network automatically, where did you change it? I ask as some people change it in the startup disk preference, so it gets stuck looking for a network.
when you boot from the cd as described above, you may also want to repair permissions under the same first aid tab.

OP
S

StarDrifter

msimonkey said:
I primarily am a Win user but use mac at my job. I have a Powerbook G4 (OX 10.3.9) and have an issue I cant seem to fix. The mac gets stuck on the Apple Startup screen with spinning gears. I have reset the PRAM and have also tried starting up in safe mode. These both have not done anything. The issue started this morning after I spent half an hour troubleshooting with AOL. I trashed some preferences for AOL and reset the network to look for wireless by default. I took out the battery and tried restarting several times but I cant get it to do anything else. I have the Mac OSX v10.2 disks but am not sure what else to do. I dont mind erasing everything on this mac as it is not used that much. Its a little over a year old and in great shape. I am totally lost and would appreciate some help PLEEEEASE!
:flower:

Where did you get 10.3.9 from?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.