I was blind...and now I can see!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo
After 25 years of windows woes I finally pulled the trigger on a Mac. I got the 15" 2.8Ghz Macbook Pro with the anti glare screen. I was expecting a long learning curve and was computing along with no problems after about 20 min. I now understand why Mac users speak so passionately about their computers. Finally a computer that works the way I expect it to. Every thing makes sense and I had no problems with anything including hooking it up to my wireless network or moving files from my windows machine to the Mac. So far I haven't found anything I could do on the windows machine that I can't do better on the Mac. I'll never spend another penny of my money on a windows based machine again.;D

Reaction score
So far I haven't found anything I could do on the windows machine that I can't do better on the Mac.
I'm glad that for your specific needs the Mac has turned out to be a good platform.

What kinds of things are you doing with your Mac?

Reaction score
After 25 years of windows woes I finally pulled the trigger on a Mac. I got the 15" 2.8Ghz Macbook Pro with the anti glare screen. I was expecting a long learning curve and was computing along with no problems after about 20 min. I now understand why Mac users speak so passionately about their computers. Finally a computer that works the way I expect it to. Every thing makes sense and I had no problems with anything including hooking it up to my wireless network or moving files from my windows machine to the Mac. So far I haven't found anything I could do on the windows machine that I can't do better on the Mac. I'll never spend another penny of my money on a windows based machine again.;D

In a few days you will notice something you never new could happen...No more fighting spies and virus's.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
i feel exactly like you my friend.. i was also in the same boat for the last 20 years....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
I consider myself spoiled. I've always been a mac user. I mean, the classic OSes were no picnic, but they were still cutting edge and what the Windows GUI was based upon... and still no viruses or spyware... but now, my god. OS X to Windows? No contest. OS X smokes it in all imaginable ways.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2 x Quad Core Xeon 3.0, 8 Gb RAM, 4TB Storage, 8800 GT
Welcome on board! :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Amazing grace....so...oh I thought we were sing thing. >_>" Welcome aboard. ^-^

OP
FiosFiend
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo
What I use it for:

I'm glad that for your specific needs the Mac has turned out to be a good platform.

What kinds of things are you doing with your Mac?

I do a lot of photo work. I also use it for streaming netflix movies, beautiful screen by the way, and I actually do some gaming, World of Warcraft which runs amazing on this computer. Don't let any one tell you that you can't game on a mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Nothing more to be said other than 'yeah, it's like that'.

I'm moving from one part of the country to another in a few days, and it's nice to be able to toss all the legacy Wintel computers I've collected over the [bad] years and just take my Macbook Pro, my wife's Macbook, our Mac Mini, and start all fresh with my now comfortable OS and slick hardware. So yes, welcome aboard and you're going to enjoy the ride.

Reaction score
To the O.P:

Soon, everybody will speak 'Mac'!!;D

You're gonna have to do something about your avatar though;D
That's number 3 I believe...hehe

r.d

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" unibody Macbook 2ghz 160gb. 2020 MacBook Pro M1 256gb. IPhone SE 2020

snap,bought a 13" macbook a month ago after years of windows disease.great machine..fantastic in fact...long live the MAC :D

Reaction score
I do a lot of photo work. I also use it for streaming netflix movies, beautiful screen by the way, and I actually do some gaming, World of Warcraft which runs amazing on this computer. Don't let any one tell you that you can't game on a mac.
Photo work is a very Mac-friendly genre, since many of the apps have been around on the Mac for years and years.

Gaming on a Mac isn't impossible. The graphics hardware isn't very stellar, the highest video chipset available for the MacBook Pro is the 9600M GT, which by PC laptop standards is mediocre. My PC laptop's 8800M GTX absolutely destroys it. The form of the MacBook Pro requires them to keep on a more timid side of things for performance though (the 8800M GTX is neither small nor quiet).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
Welcome to the forums and to using macs! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage
Make sure you talk down to Windows users. They absolutely LOVE when Mac people are snobby about it.

Reaction score
Tempted to switch to the dark side

I just bought a first gen mac pro 3.0 ghz and sold my intel mac mini. been using macs since 1991. This POS is a glitchy, crashy piece of crap. Apple has been ground breaking with the new OS, but they are not the squeaky clean solution to windows problems they would have you believe. Weak support equal to Dell. This new-to-me mac has made me take new interest in win 7. Apple charges way too much for their hardware and the "it just works" media hype is a load of crap. I'm an apple certified tech and I know how it works. Next time wrestling with drivers may not seem so tough.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hohankie, me gets the feeling you're full of crap. Mr. 1 post and leave. Also, you bought a first generation machine. What do you expect, the holy grail of all computing? Plus, the first gen mac pro may have a fast processor, but its bus and RAM still aren't all that quick, and really, I question a) your motivation and b) these "problems" and "glitches" you're talking about. Since you offered no explanation of anything, no one here can help you, and really all you are here to do is complain and make a stink. How much is microsoft paying you?

Reaction score
That's right

That's right, after 16 years I just decided to randomly complain with no attempt at resolution. Maybe the cool-aid has worn off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You're a first time poster coming to this board to complain in the switcher forum... So um... yea. Good work with that. I smell troll droppings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD
You're a first time poster coming to this board to complain in the switcher forum... So um... yea. Good work with that. I smell troll droppings.

LMAO!

p.s. if you were a true mac tech you should be able to fix these 'issues' on your own O:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.