sound settings in Snow Leopard

Reaction score
My sound settings in Snow Leopard revert to the minimum every time I close down my machine. How can I get it to remain at the last setting? I Googled this question and found this answer:

In " Macintosh HD / Library / Preferences / Audio " there are two audio setting files. Delete them. Set your sound to the desired setting. Restart.

You may have trouble logging on after a restart, if this happens... just power off your Mac for 10 seconds, then turn it back on. Your sound issue should now be fixed!!

But when I go into library/preferences/ audio which are the two audio files to delete?

Would be grateful for any advice. I have a 15 inch MacBook Pro. Thank you.
montywilliams

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
But when I go into library/preferences/ audio which are the two audio files to delete?

Do not delete anything. Instead move the two files which end in "plist" to your desktop. Do not move or delete the other two files which end in ~orig. Restart.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi Chscag,
Many thanks for replying. In my Library/Preferences/Audio, the two files suggested in the Google solution do not exist. The two audio settings files suggested are /Library/Preferences/Audio (com.apple.audio.SystemSettings.plist and com.apple.audio.DeviceSettings.plist).
So now, any suggestions about fixing the sound levels would be appreciated.
I have done a re-install of the update to Snow Leopard. The problem did not
exist before Snow Leopard.
thanking you,
monty.williams

Reaction score
hi there,

I've got the same problem here, after restart my machine all my audio settings are lost and the internal speaker is playing the sound again.:Angry:

this google solution above did not solve the problem.... anybody out there who knows what I mean?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.