can i send files via bluetooth

M

mr..nemo

im trying to work out if bluetooth is needed for me. i know u can get wireless hardware for it. but is that it? can i use bluetooth for such things as sending files between comp to comp, if so how fast is it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
YOu can send them if the other computer has bluetooth. Speed in my dorm from about 10 ft away is about 25-30kbps if I recall correctly

OP
M

msimonkey

mr..nemo said:
im trying to work out if bluetooth is needed for me. i know u can get wireless hardware for it. but is that it? can i use bluetooth for such things as sending files between comp to comp, if so how fast is it?

I send files to and from my powerbook g4 and my sony ericson t610 all the time. it s really awesome and unbelievably easy to do! i also networked 3 g5s using the bluetooth discoverable option. we can share files and so forth. its really easy and totally awesome. im a win user primarily but mac rocks! :flower:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
BT is a nice option to have cause its quick and easy so id get it regardless

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.