Airport Utility - Time Capsule

Reaction score
The other day I tried to use my printer that is connected via USB to my Time Capsule. The job stayed in the print queue and was never printed.

I opened Airport Utility and cannot read the configuration file. I receive an error (-19) when trying to read the configuration file. It didn't matter if I selected the "manual" button or the "continue" button.

- The time capsule has a green light.
- I can get to the internet no problem.
- My windows laptop and iMac can see each other.
- Both computers can see my Fat32 external drive connected to the time capsule
- Powered off the time capsule, no change in results.

I believe my next step is to do a factory reset of the time capsule. If this is the case, is my TC configuration file stored somewhere? Or will I have to manually enter all my settings again? Any other things I should try first?

For the record, I upgraded to Snow Leopard on the Friday it was released and last night upgraded to 10.6.1. I'm not sure if this problem started after upgrading to SL 10.6.

Thanks for any help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I believe my next step is to do a factory reset of the time capsule. If this is the case, is my TC configuration file stored somewhere? Or will I have to manually enter all my settings again? Any other things I should try first?

A factory reset will revert everything back to the original default settings so be sure to write down the current settings before you do the reset. The settings as far as I know are not stored anywhere on your Mac. And yes, a reset is probably the next thing to try.

Regards.

OP
MarkY
Reaction score
A factory reset will revert everything back to the original default settings so be sure to write down the current settings before you do the reset. The settings as far as I know are not stored anywhere on your Mac. And yes, a reset is probably the next thing to try.

Regards.

Idea is good, but since I can't read the configuration I can't write down the settings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.