After latest update certain aps wont open

Reaction score
Hello all! Can someone help?
Did my usual software updates recently only to discover an error whilst trying to install them. The update in question being the new security update for G5 Imac (no isight) PPC running system 10.4.11

Anyway pressed continue... mac rebooted fine. But ever since i cant open certain apps. the main ones being mail, itunes, spotify, safari.
Click on te logos in dock or through applications and the icon bounces once or twice and then stops.

I ran a disk utility which came up with a few probs but all were repaired and rebooted. Still no joy.

Open up console to check out what is happening. Heres the results for safari:

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZNK3KJS6JSCell18getTruncatedUInt32ERj
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/Versions/A/WebCore
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/JavaScriptCore

Sep 22 20:02:49 james-fosters-imac-g5 crashdump[316]: Safari crashed
Sep 22 20:02:49 james-fosters-imac-g5 crashdump[316]: crash report written to: /Users/wearethefosters/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Safari.crash.log

and heres mail:

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZNK3KJS6JSCell18getTruncatedUInt32ERj
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/Versions/A/WebCore
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/JavaScriptCore

Sep 22 20:03:40 james-fosters-imac-g5 crashdump[319]: Mail crashed
Sep 22 20:03:40 james-fosters-imac-g5 crashdump[319]: crash report written to: /Users/wearethefosters/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Mail.crash.log

Anyone got ideas as to how to resolve?

Would appreciate any advice! Many Thanks... Jim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.