DVD much slower now...

Reaction score
Since upgrading to Snow Leopard, my DVD Player has been extra slow!? It used to be super fast when say ffwd or rwd'ing the movies. Now it hesitates 3 or so seconds before responding, and "waking up DVD drive" is displayed in the top left corner. ***.

Reaction score
Google'd "DVD Player warming up" and only found this one instance. At least I'm not alone.... And This is on a brand-spanking-new MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB ram, running 10.6.1

Errrrrgh, annoying. I don't have a comparison to how it was prior to 10.6, but I do note that when I've stopped the DVD and restart from "Last Time Played", I get a pinwheel and no response from the application for 8-10 seconds. :Shouting:

OP
P
Reaction score
I don't have a comparison to how it was prior to 10.6, but I do note that when I've stopped the DVD and restart from "Last Time Played", I get a pinwheel and no response from the application for 8-10 seconds. :Shouting:

Take it from me...it used to be lightning fast (almost). I purchased my MacBook Pro back in Feb. I should have left it with Leopard.

As you replied to this I was watching a DVD and thinking how mad I am at how it is WARMING UP in order for me to pause it to reply here. ARRRRGGGGHH.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.