Multiple User

Reaction score
first off, i tried searching to no avail.

i set up my MBP for 3 users: 2 admin and 1 "regular", 2 questions:

a) when it goes to sleep mode with me logged-in, a different user cannot log-in even if they change the user info.

is this a setting/preference?

b) how do i switch the other admin user to a regular one?

thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Whenever you have the security preference set to require a password from "Sleep", Screensaver, Hot corners, or Login, only the username and password of the current person who is logged in is valid.

Changing the status of a user requires an Admin going into "Accounts" from the preference panel, click on the small lock below, validate, and then proceed to make changes.

At the bottom of the pane you'll see a small plus and minus sign. Use these to add or remove users, change status, etc. Validate again, close the lock.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
And further to chscag click on Login Options to choose how your MBP starts up. First u will need to unlock to make changes and if u enable Fast User switching go to Apple menu to Log out a particular User.

Reaction score
I was registered at your forum. I have printed the test message. Do not delete, please.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.