Mail Embedding image attachments

Reaction score
Hi

When I send images (jpg's for instance) in an attachment some of my recipients are saying that they are receiving the email and the attachment but the image has been embedded into the email body and is tiny.

One of my recipients sent me an email back and it was indeed tiny in size and embedded.

Have any of you guys seen this / know how to fix.

Can't wait for iconizer to come out for Snow Lep.

Thanks

Ricky55

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro
I've just started having the same problem with my Mac Pro. Pictures (jpg) and documents (pdf) are opening and embedding in the email page instead of just listing a file name.
I'm not sure what to do.

Reaction score
Solution to embedded attachments in mail

Hi

I found this solution, tried it and it works immediately.

"Mail.app by default displays images inline, and most email clients won’t recognize them as attachments. If you right click (or ctrl click with a one button mouse) on the image you can select to view the image as icon, which makes it behave like a normal attachment. To make this the default behavior you’ll need to use the Terminal to set the preference. Terminal is in Applications>Utilities. Open Terminal and type:

defaults write com.apple.mail DisableInlineAttachmentViewing -bool yes

That will make every attachment you send act like an attachment instead of a pretty unusable decoration."

This is from another user. See it here:
Disable Mac Mail.app Inline Image Attachments | Micah Gilman's Blog

I did it and it worked. I QUIT Mail after using Terminal, and then relaunched Mail, but did not need to restart the Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.