• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

No more Gold Mini?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
I read somewhere that apple is dropping the gold ipod mini from its product line. It makes me so sad.:confused: I do like the new 6gb mini! What do you guys think?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I know! That sucks! I hurried and got the iPod mini silver, while the other colors were not yet available at Best Buy. Yet, at the time, I still wanted the gold one the most. Shucks!

M

metsfan489

they dropped it a month ago because sales weren't doing so well. Personally, I thought it was ugly.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, since I'm color blind; I think, I could buy the green one and still think it was the gold one. Yes, problem solved! iWhat to the rescue!

J

Jefe3223

good job, iwhat. I actually know more color blind people than i ever thought i would...i once had a set director who was colorblind. I could have dumped red paint all over the stage and as long as it was even, he would have never known (though he had great greyscale detection.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm always afraid of driving out in the country, because sometimes the traffic lights will only be red or yellow, and I can't tell the difference. The same thing goes for brake lights on cars, I have to pay attention to the color changing of the lights.

Oopsy, a little off topic. Sorry, macEfan, back to the disappearance of the gold iPod mini.

Reaction score
The new blue, pink, and green look a lot better than the older ones, they are brighter now.

OP
macEfan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I think so too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
iWhat said:
I'm always afraid of driving out in the country, because sometimes the traffic lights will only be red or yellow, and I can't tell the difference. The same thing goes for brake lights on cars, I have to pay attention to the color changing of the lights.

Oopsy, a little off topic. Sorry, macEfan, back to the disappearance of the gold iPod mini.

Yikes. I've got blue-green blindness, which when you come right down to it doesn't make hardly a difference. As a matter of fact, I never new I had it until I joined the military and failed the color test, although I did sometimes think it silly for the teacher to use blue chalk on the green chalk board because nobody could see it :dummy: . I can actually distinguish blue from green but there isn't much difference to me. Blue on green or green on blue kind of just mashes all together and I can't pick shapes out. So I bought a green car.... at least I think it is, might be blue for all I know ;).

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I feel your pain. Color blind discrimination is everywhere. :blind: :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
The gold one was kinda ugly I thought, a little too "bling"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I thought the gold was ugly too, not at all bling, just tacky, I would prefer the silver or pink one. pink only cause the engraving would look really nice on pink.;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
They should have made a black one. I think the U2 iPod is sorta cool looking, but I am not that big of a fan to want their sigs engraved on the back. Plus the click-wheel should be black as well. I think a black Mini would be a better option than the gold.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
iWhat said:

Off topic, remember that the yellow signal is always in the middle of the array. in verticals, red is always on top, green bottom. (here in Miami we have many horizontal) but red always follows yellow (middle) and green always follows red (top or extreme end) Turn signals flash and brake lights are almost always steady, and on both sides (except those cars with combined brake - turn lights, I hate those!) Back on, I thought the gold mini was one of the best...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i never liked gold mini's really....

so when you see green do you see brown instead?? i have a friend who can not see greens and he is always sad that all the grass he see's looks dead. :(

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
witeshark said:
Off topic, remember that the yellow signal is always in the middle of the array. in verticals, red is always on top, green bottom. (here in Miami we have many horizontal) but red always follows yellow (middle) and green always follows red (top or extreme end) Turn signals flash and brake lights are almost always steady, and on both sides (except those cars with combined brake - turn lights, I hate those!) Back on, I thought the gold mini was one of the best...

This is what I mean. The light could spell out the death of iWhat.

single.jpg

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
witeshark said:

Wouldn't really help at night as you are only going to see a single light so you won't know if it is top/middle/bottom or even left/right unless you see the change.

I've often wondered how red/green colour blind people cope driving out in the countryside at night here.

Amen-Moses

Z

zap2

i think that they should have a new colpr to replace the gold one , Orangeor yellow(they made wrist bands that color when they got rid of the gold one) or a black one( my friend spent 50 extra because he like black and they are alot of people who like a black ipod

OP
macEfan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
HMMMM. Sounds Neat!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.