Can I download an old version of iPhoto?

Reaction score
Hi,

My girlfriend just got a new MBPro and it has iPhoto v. 8.something on it. Her old computer was an iBook G4 from around 2005, so the version of iPhoto it had was whatever was around then. Basically, as soon as she realized that iPhoto now puts her pictures in packages rather than a navigable folder, it turned her off quite a bit because being able to navigate those iPhoto folders for her is very important.

So I suggested to her to do what I do on Windows whenever I don't like the new version of a program. Remove it, find an older version and download it. So I told her to go look for iPhoto 5 or 6. Well, we can't find it anywhere. Is it even available anywhere? She removed iPhoto 8, so she has nothing now, but I'm pretty sure she can just download it again from the Apple site. But is there no way to get an older version? I don't think she's going to keep using iPhoto if she has to use the new package system.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
If you tell her to put iPhoto 8 back on her computer she can still use it the way she used to the packages are actually called events, and the do act the same as folders.

OP
F
Reaction score
No they don't. You have to "right click" and ask to view package contents in order to see the files inside, rather than just clicking on it as a folder.

Can she reinstall only iPhoto right from the discs that came with her computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Yes. Download Pacifist and use that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.