iMac, dual screens, Xbox 360

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS v10.4.11, 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I have my 24' iMac desktop extended to an external 27' HDTV on the DVI input. I also have an Xbox 360 connected to the 27' on the HDMI input and switch back and forth as needed.

In between Xbox matches (COD5 is awesome) I check various websites, email, chat, whatever... and occasionally, the application I'm needing to look at is on the 27'... which I can't see because I'm on the Xbox HDMI input.

While ultimately all I need to do is change the input on the 27' to view the iMac extended desktop which shows said application... if you knew the gauntlet of commands and menu sequences to simply change an input on that **** TV, you'd understand my desire for an alternate solution.

I'm looking for a way or application to tile all open applications on the main/default display with a flick of the mouse or command key sequence.

It doesn't necessarily need to be tiled, just moved to the display that I can see and not the Xbox one. Does anyone know of such an animal?

Thanks all,
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Is there something of a workflow you can create in Automator?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is it? I've never played with Automator. Well, that's not entirely true, I did once write a script (if you can call it that) to rename all my MP3's to mp3's. But for moving a window from one display to another?... How'd you do that?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does this all make sense?

In essence, I'd like to be able to gather all open windows/applications onto one particular desktop/display.

Can be an application itself, a hot-key, a mouse-gesture, whatever, as long as I don't have to get up (TV's ~5 feet away) and change the input on the TV/Monitor (pain in the ***** sequence).

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anyone have any ideas on other Forums I can post this too?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.