What can i do about this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
2ujqxd2.jpg

I don't have any virtual machines anymore, which is what fixed this before when i had 10.5. So what can i do?

Reaction score
if you have an external drive back up your computer (every thing) to that drive using time machine then pop in your system instal disk that came with your computer (or you retail copy of your operating system) and then restart your computer and go through the first step in the install process but instead of re-installing scroll to the top and click on disk utilities and click "Restore System from Backup" and then just choose your latest back up and you're done! took about an hour for me, i've done it many times, i'll try to find a better guide for you.

Edit: Apple's guide:

1. Connect the external disk you've backed up to.

2. Start from your Mac OS X 10.5 Install DVD. (Insert the disc, then restart and hold the C key.)

3. Select your language. Do not start an installation.

4. Choose Disk Utility from the Utilities menu.

5. Select your internal Mac OS X disk that you want to restore to.

6. Click the Restore tab.

7. Drag your internal disk to the "Destination:" field.

8. Click the "Image..." button next to the "Source:" field.

9. Navigate to the location of the backup image you want to restore (located on your external disk).

10. Click "Open" to continue.

11. Click the "Restore" button. Confirm you want to "Restore to Disk" by clicking "Restore" again. This will replace data on your Mac OS X volume with data
from your backup that has the same name and is in the same location.

12. Enter your admin name and password when prompted. If the backup disk image is encrypted, enter the disk image password if necessary. The time it takes to restore from the image depends on factors such as the amount of data on your backup disk image.

OR, if you don't have an external drive I've read you can use iDefrag (you'll have to download it) and then run disk repair via disk utility and that should work

Coriolis Systems :: Products :: iDefrag

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I unfortunately don't have enough space on my external to do a time machine backup, and i don't use Time machine because i don't trust it. But i do have Techtool Pro, so i'm doing a defrag with that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.