Instructions on removal of Optical Drive

Reaction score
Over the past week or two I have been experiencing lots of problems with my Optical Drive (Automatically ejects CDs and some DVDs and also has problems ejecting after the disc has been mounted). I found a nice replacement Drive found at this website APP-5813 8x Dual Layer SuperDrive Superslim for Mac Mini PPC, Apple Mac and iPod Accessories.

I am confident enough to install myself, but I cant find any instructions on the complete disassembly of this mac and not just the HD. If you guys can find any picture instructions or videos I would greatly appreciate it.

I have a 2.16 ghz intel core 2 duo imac (white)

OP
L
Reaction score
Nah I was just joshing, and thanks for the link.

Its just frustrating having problems with consumer products years after they been on the market, especially with apple products since they all have variations of the same name!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz 20" Intel 10.4.11
Thanks !

Thanks for all the wonderful info on dismantling my iMac.
I'm a bit too scared to try, but at least I know what will happen if I take my Mac in to replace its DVD burner.
:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.