Konfabulator widgets

D

Dookie

Ok, so I just got konfabulator and I have a few qeustions. How do you get rid of the widgets you don't want? What I mean is totally get rid of it cause what I did was just turned the opacity to zero. Is the widget still there and is it still using up system resources? And if you have more widgets, does it take up more resources?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
You'll want to control-click on the widget, which will give you some options to choose from. Or you can click on the Konfabulator icon in the menu bar, and there will also be a list of widgets running, you can also control-click to close out of a widget, because sometimes the widgets won't let you close out of them from the desktop.

OP
D

Dookie

Thnx for the quick reply. *rep points*
I have one more thing that needs clarification. The more widgets the more system resources used?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That would seem to be right that the more widgets you have; the more resources it uses. But some will vouch that Konfabulator is a resource hog all together. :bomb:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah I will vouch for that, it's a real system hog, thus the reason why I do not use it anymore.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I was crazy about Konfabulator, when I first got my mac. It was also a factor as to why I switched, but only a little bit. But as I used it; I found that I could live without it. Even though, there are hundreds of widgets, I could only find four that I could use. So I am currently not using it anymore.

OP
D

Desolate One

So is there an alternative that isn't a resource hog? That is besides waiting for Tiger's Dashboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
Desolate One said:
So is there an alternative that isn't a resource hog? That is besides waiting for Tiger's Dashboard.

hi

i really like konfab as well but cos i ended up using only

two widgets which were the weather and the clock i switched

back to weather dock and using the mac analog clock

regards :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.