• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Are Mac owners Ignorant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've been a mac owner for about four months now and I must say I couldn't be happier. Everything about my old dell laptop drove me insane. The loud fan, the atrocious Vista OS, small touch pad etc. I was recently at a friends house and we somehow ended up talking about how PC's are better than macs. Being a mac lover, I ofcourse defended apple however it was 4 against 1 and I wasn't able to convince them. They explained to me how mac users are Ignorant; They just haven't used a mac before so they're opinions are pretty biased. The things i just love about the mac is the excellent build quality, solid OS, track pad, stable, and just so good looking. But they did make a point, are we as Mac users just really ignorant?

Reaction score
Well yes, i guess we are. We are ignorant of all the crashes, buggy software, millions of virus and constant rebuilding that has to be done on the windows systems in order to keep them even half usable. So i for one will plead ignorant and darn glad about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
No we are not, however those who bash it without an use of the product whether it be just a brand name or a operating system are the ignorant ones by far. Their unwillingness to have a open mind or to think about the reasons you have listed just show that they will never understand that people choice what they choice because they like it.

Just tell them this, "How does my love harm you? How does my passion bring an end to yours?"

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
But they did make a point, are we as Mac users just really ignorant?

What point did they make? All you said is that Mac users are ignorant...ignorant of what?

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
These threads never end well, so I'll just end it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.