Cannot upload via ftp

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help.

I'm using a new iMac at work, and am unable to upload files via ftp. I AM able to connect to the servers, but get a "550 Access Denied" error when I try to upload anything. I'm having the same problems with all ftp servers I've tried. I've been using Cyberduck, Filezilla and the Finder, and in all cases I have the same result.

I originally thought it may be an issue with permissions on the folder that I'm trying to upload to, but I've tried uploading files from my colleague's Windows machine and everything works fine - the files are uploaded without a problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J

Reaction score
1 The 550 error is a message from the server stating that the account you have currently logged in as, does not have permission to perform the action you are attempting.
You may be trying to upload to the wrong directory or trying to delete a file.
It means in short that you may only have 'read an list' permissions, and need to contact the sys.admin to request 'write' permissions.

2 This problem can also be caused by a firewall with a "no ftp write" permission set.

I believe you're issue is related to the latter one, Jason

Hope this helped;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.