Mouse movement not as sharp as windows?

Reaction score
Apple must think they always know better than their customers. The arrogance of not making this a configuration setting is unbelievable. The mouse tracking causes my hand to ache. Aside from the horrible tracking, the x/y directions are significantly different. I had hoped magic mouse would fix this horrible problem but it does not. Don't waste your money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
I still have no idea what the crap you guys are talking about... my the "acceleration curve" doesn't exist, at least not on a trackpad as far as I can tell. On the mouse side of things, my logitech mouse always served me well with my G5, my dad's mini, and my fiancee's eMac.

Hard to click on a button? Wha?

Anyway, Apple has always listened to their customer. Their loyal customers have been using these products for a lot longer than most current users and have been with OS X since the early part of the decade. We are used to the mouse because it's all we've ever known. To change it would be betrayal to people who had become accustomed to it. You will either become accustomed to the differences or you will use some third party software to make your computer run more like you're familiar to, i.e. Windoze.

And Doug... what are you talking about. You sign up, post once, and all it is is a complaint saying that the X,Y directions are "significantly different" on Mac OS... I'm not sure what you're trying to say, because X,Y are the same. If you're holding your mouse pointed in the same direction (not changing the angle of your hand) then X,Y are a set location that cannot be changed.

You are all insane.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Interesting thread. I just wanted to say that as a switcher myself, I never noticed the difference in the acceleration curve between the PC and Mac mouse. I use the Mighty Mouse all the time. I really like the feel of it in my hand, and I like the way it works. And, I've had lots of experience with Logitech and other brands. So, I'm thinking this whole issue is largely subjective. I don't doubt what you guys are saying, I just wanted to add a balancing post in defense of the Mac mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
I use a Bluetooth might mouse back from when the G4 ibook was largely popular and I still use it to this day the same one everyday on my macbook pro . Fits nice and comfy in my hand, battery life is a few months and i've never had any issues at all with it. Not sure about why people don't like it. it tracks just fine!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.