Sharing iMac DVD with my MacBook

Reaction score
I think I've got something setup incorrectly with sharing on my iMac....I've set the DVD drive to share on the iMac (2.66Ghz Duo Core running 10.6.1). According to the documentation, from the MacBook (running 10.5) it should see the DVD drive under the Devices on the left pane of the Finder Window. Instead the DVD shows up as a folder under the Share category in the left pane of the Finder Window. The name of the folder is the name of the DVD.

Since it showed up as a folder, I didn't initially think anything was amiss, but when I click on it, it will not run the software install program on the DVD (I'm going to install 10.6.1 from the install disc to the MacBook) so I'm guessing this might have to do with how the DVD drive is shared or presented to the MacBook.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks -Harv

OP
A
Reaction score
I still have not been able to figure this out and unfortunately I didn't get any responses on my question. I'm hoping that by replying and bumping the message back up into the range of current thread, that someone will see my question and respond. Hope that's not frowned upon....

Thanks -harv

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.