My first HTML website!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Running Snow Leopard 10.6.4
Like I said this is my first ever HTML website. I had to put all my CSS syntax stuff into my HTML document because whenever I linked them to each other the CSS style sheet would not work. Was this a good effort for a first time website?

ReadySetSkateboard

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Might look better if everything was centered, excluding the body copy. Some of your body copy is hover and spilling out of your box. Might also want to add a little padding on your box so that the text doesn't bump up to the edges that closely.

Not sure if it's safari acting up, as I haven't viewed it in Firefox yet. ( I'm being lazy.)

The one thing that irks me a little is your color palette. I suggest doing color studies here.

You can steal some of the ones that people already did...or sample colors from your photograph and go with that.

It's a good start, better than my first website. I started when I was 13..and sadly CSS didn't exist. >_<""

OP
ComicStix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Running Snow Leopard 10.6.4
You're feedback made me go into a deep depression so I couldn't reply in a while. Just kidding! After taking the gist of all your opinions and advice I must say... That site sucked but then I thought to myself I didn't do so-so bad for my first try! All you gotta do is get back when you're knocked down! I decided to start all over with new CSS and new HTML. I have a lot to learn. Thanks to everyone for contributing. I appreciate it! Encouragement and constructive criticism. My revised website should be done by the end of October!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Not a bad start for your first website. Kinda reminds me of what I used to make in the mid 90's when the Web was taking shape..

The first thing you should do, however, is always validate your HTML code to ensure that you get the best possible results in all browsers.

[Invalid] Markup Validation of http://readysetskateboard.netau.net/ - W3C Markup Validator

The link above is the validation results for your current page, and you can see a few things pointed out that you should fix. As you are working on your new version, validate it before publishing.

The other thing as @CrimsonRequiem mentioned is the color scheme, which frankly is quiet atrocious. You'll get a much better reception with more complimentary colors and softer colors. Punches of neon should be used VERY sparingly to highlight something..

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.