Maximizing Windows In Safari/Firefox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz / 4 GB RAM / 320 GB HDD
I installed Snow Leopard (fresh install) when it came out and noticed that both Safari and Firefox's windows wouldn't maximize all the way. There's always a little gap on the left side. Initially I overlooked it and thought that it would be fixed with an update or a fresh install on my part. I wiped and installed the OS again about a week ago and I still get the same problem. I know it's a petty thing to get worked up over, but it bugs me every time I open either browser because I just like having the windows use all the space they can. Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it or should I just shut up and enjoy SL?

Some info: Running Mac OS 10.6.1, Safari 4.0.3, Firefox 3.5.3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
My browser windows still maximize to full screen under SL, but I believe that if you adjust the window to the size you want, it should maximize to that every time thereafter.

OP
86Apex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz / 4 GB RAM / 320 GB HDD
It used to do that for me under 10.5, but for some reason they won't go to the same size when I quit and re-open them under 10.6.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.