Getting rid of the Facebook prompt in iPhoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Every time I use iPhoto I'm pestered by a frequent drop-down menu asking me if I want to use Facebook.

I don't want to use Facebook, but I can't get rid of this ****ed thing. There doesn't seem to be anything in Preferences to stop it and questions on this forum seem to be about people having trouble in getting photos uploaded to Facebook.

Anyone know how to get rid of this pest?

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
I'm using iPhoto '09 and haven't seen this drop-down menu. What are you doing when it asks if you want to use Facebook? What options does the dialog box give you? What do you click when it asks if you want to use Facebook?

FWIW, you can turn off the Facebook menubar button in View>Show in Toolbar.

You can say "dad-gummed thing." You don't have to use asterisks.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
It seems to pop up (or drop down!) after every instance of editing a photo - never at any other time. However, I've now followed your advice and will check to see if it happens again. If it works... many thanks!

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PS to the last one...

The asterisks were put in by the forum's software - nifty, eh?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.