10.6 and live feed of Windows Media?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac5, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.16 GHz, 3 GB, and a similar Mac Mini, both on SL
What can I do so that I can watch a live feed in the Windows Media format?

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I posted yesterday in another section here, but got no response, that I wanted to view the live feed from a surfing contest that was hosted here:
The Hurley Pro 2009

I installed Flip4Mac but it did nothing at all. The contest is now over so I don't think you'll get to try it.

Do I need to install the Windows Media Player. And is there a version for Snow Leopard?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
There is no QuickTime X version of flip4mac right now so if you want to view Windows Media content, you will have to install QT7 from the SL disc and then install the current version of flip4mac.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There is however, a new Flip4Mac beta that works with QuickTime X which is installed by default in Snow Leopard. (QuickTime 7 is an optional install for SL).

Download Link.

Regards.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There is no QuickTime X version of flip4mac right now so if you want to view Windows Media content, you will have to install QT7 from the SL disc and then install the current version of flip4mac.

Thank you, that is just the information I was seeking.

Would I have to uninstall Quicktime X first before installing Quicktime 7? What is the use of Quicktime X if you cannot use it.

I've not yet had a need for it yet, but I have had quite a few occasions where I wished I could view Windows Media content. But I'd assume in the future they will get things worked out.

I thought I read a post yesterday about a beta that would help. But I am hesitant to install beta stuff.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There is however, a new Flip4Mac beta that works with QuickTime X which is installed by default in Snow Leopard. (QuickTime 7 is an optional install for SL).

Download Link.

Regards.

I missed your post. Do you know of any issues with this beta? Have you been using it personally?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.