Battery calibrating

Reaction score
So I plugged in my computer with the new battery when it was at 25% or close and thats what it came with.
So i am charging until full and then keeping it plugged in for ≥2 hours
Then when I unplug it and wait till the message appears then click okay and wait till it goes to sleep? Then it says turn it off or let it sleep for 5 hours.
Do I turn it off for 5 hours or can i turn it back on, plug it in and use it right then and there?

I have read Apple's section on it and it is just a little confusing so thanks for the potential help

Reaction score
You charge it, use it or not but keep it plugged in for 2 hours after charging, then you unplug it.

Use it or not until it's completely empty... then let it sleep (don't use it) for 5 hours or more.

Then plug it in and let it fully recharge, you can use your computer during charging.

Hope this helped;D

OP
A
Reaction score
You charge it, use it or not but keep it plugged in for 2 hours after charging, then you unplug it.

Use it or not until it's completely empty... then let it sleep (don't use it) for 5 hours or more.

Then plug it in and let it fully recharge, you can use your computer during charging.

Hope this helped;D

yeah thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I normally have a full charge, drain my battery until it dies and recharge to full.

Reaction score
read the post, but this applies to the ones calibrating their batteries... are you?

OP
A
Reaction score
^ if you are talking to me, then yes.
If you are talking to the guy above you.. IDK

OP
A
Reaction score
okay now earlier i plugged it in for the first full charge after having it asleep for like 14 hours (was at school and if i had it plugged in i wouldnt be here to unplug it) so it was at 90% and as i was moving to a different chair my shoe was on the cord and it unplugged!!!!! AHHHHH! I immedietly plugged it back in <2 sec later and now its at 92%

Did i totally f up the calibrating?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
No, I think you should be okay.

OP
A
Reaction score
well after all this time i have just had safari running and I am at 89% and it is jumping around from 3:40 to 4 hours
now it says 4:38
and back down to 4:03

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
I'm sure it will fluctuate a little. Just wait until it's completely charged.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
okay now earlier i plugged it in for the first full charge after having it asleep for like 14 hours (was at school and if i had it plugged in i wouldnt be here to unplug it) so it was at 90% and as i was moving to a different chair my shoe was on the cord and it unplugged!!!!! AHHHHH! I immedietly plugged it back in <2 sec later and now its at 92%

Did i totally f up the calibrating?!

This should be the comment of the day! It seriously made me laugh!!:D
I think you are ok:)

Reaction score
When you're operating the MBP on battery, and you stop typing or browsing, it's going to immediately calculate how long the battery would last if you keep doing that.

Then start your work again, and its going to calculate again... so if you are reading a post or whatever (ergo... not doing anything), battery life will be stretched, but notice how the percentage never climbs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.