Can't use the ethernet card in windows

Reaction score
OK... here's the problem.. i use boot camp to install windows regularly.. and i also installed the mac disk in windows.. so i can adjust the lightness and sound strength.. i can also use the wireless to access the internet with no problems... but when the wireless is gone.. i can't use the wire one to access the internet.. and the windows seemed can't regonize my ethernet card.. i keep trying installing ethernet driver by windows itself but it said i need internet connection to do so..==.. with the failure of the ethernet card connection how come i have internet connection ?? but i can use ethernet in mac.. so what can i do to let the ethernet card works properly in windows in my macbook pro ??
thx

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
While Windows is running, insert your Leopard DVD or Snow Leopard DVD and the driver installation will start automatically. The ethernet drivers for Windows will install along with other drivers if they are needed.

Regards.

OP
E
Reaction score
i don't have the disc right now.. instead i downloaded the boot camp 2.1 for xp from apple website.. but when i double click on the 2.1 .. error occurs.. it kept telling me the setup cannot be continued because this 2.1 is for update only.. and it cannot detect any previous edition installed.. but the apple website said it is a complete one..what is really happening..??? anyone plz help ....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You downloaded the wrong Boot Camp 2.1. This is the one you want. Link

Also, I suggest you round up your original Leopard Disk or purchase a copy of Snow Leopard.

Regards.

OP
E
Reaction score
thanks very much.. at last.. i found my leopard **** and i can access the internet using ethernet card.. but another problem occurs.. when installing drivers using boot camp in windows.. while installing sigmatel audio.. it kept saying an error a similar setup is runnung instanetly..plz try again later.. and then after i restart the windows.. everything looks fine.. but there is no sound !!! And windows cannot regonizes PCI-device in my macbook pro.. any help plz??

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In Windows go to Control Panel, System, Hardware Devices. Open the hardware tree. Highlight your sound card, right click, and select properties.
(The sound card may have an exclamation mark over it ! indicating it's not working right)

Then select the tab that says "update driver". Let it go on the net and find the right driver for you. Or, again in the hardware tree, you can remove the sound card device, and restart Windows. The sound card will be detected and installed. You may be able to install the driver from your Leopard Disk that way.

Regards.

OP
E
Reaction score
thanks.. problem totally solved.. instead.. i install a driver named Microsoft 'Bus Driver' . for more details , see: Fixing the "Microsoft Bus Driver" error message when installing a RealTek sound card (a download link of KB835221.exe QFE to fix the "Microsoft Bus" error message) Others who have the sound card problem may try this..
after that, i reinstalled the boot camp 2.1 through the leopard disc and restarted windows.. then everthing just worked fine..

Thanks a lot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.