Good Thing I KEPT The PC ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tony Funches

YEARS Ago ... 1995 ... I tried an Apple IIc ... and it worked well in my little store ... until it "stumbled & fell", which caused me *to call Apple and inquire how I might get the little thing to perform again.

Snooty Geek Moron sneered over the phone that "We don't support that platform anymore" ... I reminded him that I was BORN in Alameda & have Family & Friends ALL OVER THE BAY AREA, especially OAKLAND, and hung up, tossed the thing in the trash & forgot Snooty Yuppified Apple until the 37th WinCrash XP.

I have NO admiration for either version of the same insane business practice; "if we get the money 1st, let 'em suck eggs for answers" ... Where I come from, you take a person's money for something that doesn't work, people shoot at you & call you names (posthumously) ...

This G3 has a FRESH, legit OS X 10.2.8 install, three hard drives, 512 meg RAM, & works great ... except the MAC Web Site is telling me that my user name & password are invalid, & no option exists to get the point across to the sorry Rat *******s that THEIR Web Site is wrong, MY MacMail (desktop) works perfectly ...

I am now going to happily & contentedly explore Linux and kiss ALL The Moron Geeks goodbye ... or mebbe build another lunatic Motorcycle & go riding with REAL Women instead of venting on this keyboard ... YEAH .. That's it: I'll GET A LIFE! Booze & Broads & Highways! A little run to Denver, then back to the Bay Area & pick on Snotty Computer Geeks! After I finish up THAT sentence & make parole, mebbe they'll realize people are not amused at spending Stripper Sums of Money on CRAP THAT DOESN"T WORK!

But that's just an opinion of a 58 year old Viet Vet Biker/Bodyguard ... C-YA! There's a Panhead in the garage that's calling me ...

OP
D

d-funct

I never understand the point of posts like this, I mean come on posting something like this on a Macintosh forum is like dousing yourself in petrol and running in to a match ... but anyway you really think that dropping the OSX in favour of Linux will make you deal with less geeks? also the Mac website thing will no doubt happen on linux as well as its more likely that not a problem with the site itself

Reaction score
Tony Funches said:
YEARS Ago ... 1995 ... I tried an Apple IIc ... and it worked well in my little store ... until it "stumbled & fell", which caused me *to call Apple and inquire how I might get the little thing to perform again.

Snooty Geek Moron sneered over the phone that "We don't support that platform anymore" ... I reminded him that I was BORN in Alameda & have Family & Friends ALL OVER THE BAY AREA, especially OAKLAND, and hung up, tossed the thing in the trash & forgot Snooty Yuppified Apple until the 37th WinCrash XP.

I have NO admiration for either version of the same insane business practice; "if we get the money 1st, let 'em suck eggs for answers" ... Where I come from, you take a person's money for something that doesn't work, people shoot at you & call you names (posthumously) ...

This G3 has a FRESH, legit OS X 10.2.8 install, three hard drives, 512 meg RAM, & works great ... except the MAC Web Site is telling me that my user name & password are invalid, & no option exists to get the point across to the sorry Rat *******s that THEIR Web Site is wrong, MY MacMail (desktop) works perfectly ...

I am now going to happily & contentedly explore Linux and kiss ALL The Moron Geeks goodbye ... or mebbe build another lunatic Motorcycle & go riding with REAL Women instead of venting on this keyboard ... YEAH .. That's it: I'll GET A LIFE! Booze & Broads & Highways! A little run to Denver, then back to the Bay Area & pick on Snotty Computer Geeks! After I finish up THAT sentence & make parole, mebbe they'll realize people are not amused at spending Stripper Sums of Money on CRAP THAT DOESN"T WORK!

But that's just an opinion of a 58 year old Viet Vet Biker/Bodyguard ... C-YA! There's a Panhead in the garage that's calling me ...

hey do you happen to also be on NOTEBOOKFORUMS under the name CHAZZY? bc there is a 58 year old guy that rants about nothing and gets pissed when no one responds, you sound exactly like this guy i can feel it.

Reaction score
If you think moving to linux will solve your problems have i got news for you, they are just starting...If you think problem solving in windows and os x is a problem you have no idea of what awaits in linux.

Reaction score
Chopper

Oh ya, bout that pan head in the garage, better leave it there, it couldn't handle the Denver to bay run to well. Instead take this one, much better suited for the 58 year old body...

J-D Chopper.jpg

OP
F

flyingpostman

Linux is great once you get it running and LEAVE IT ALONE. I used Linux for 6 years and it is nice, customizable, stable. Problem is, there is always something on the system that doesn't quite work properly. Whether its the sound card, printer, digicam, etc. Worse, I always ended up breaking something during the endless daily upgrades that are possible with Debian Linux. I would learn a lot fixing them though. I mean you don't have to upgrade. You can have a perfectly running Linux system if you get it right and leave it alone, but where is the fun in that? All the command line stuff I learned in Linux gives me a better understanding of how Mac OS X works (even though you don't have to ever touch the command line, it is nice to know what goes on there). There will always be a place in my heart for Linux, but I actually seem to have more fun enjoying my Macs instead of fixing them all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 1GB RAM Superdrive; 12" powerbook 512mb RAM G4 Superdrive
That could be the weirdest post I have ever read on here. Somebody call the suits and get a straight jacket on that guy.

OP
S

sonofapplepm

James said:
Oh ya, bout that pan head in the garage, better leave it there, it couldn't handle the Denver to bay run to well. Instead take this one, much better suited for the 58 year old body...

LMAOWPIMP!!! FUNNY!!!

OP
D

d-funct

James said:

PWNED ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB 12inch 1.33ghz 1.25gb/60gb pb 15inch 1.25ghz 1.25gb/160gb Power Mac G3 B&W Overclocked 500mhz
sigh... i bet NAM would have been cooler with an iPod........

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
how about we just lock this ?

OP
J

Jefe3223

1) it's odd for people to join JUST to rant on their troubles and tell us they're taking their...er...mac computer's life. And I too, don't get these, sometimes.
2)I'm not too big on retaliation (though I will denouce no one here today for what they've said; I'm just sayin', it paints us in a bad light, that's all).
3)I'd more like to know why he has to have everythingy perfect and/or why he thinks there is no one to help him...I've always had great mac help (except that time I was outsourced to India and the guy had NO CLUE what I was talking about...).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Guys, don't waste your time with this...didn't you notice that he didn't even show up again? It's really obvious that he only wanted to start one of those stupid troll threads again...

I'd go with coach_z and ask the mods to close this totally pointless and senseless thread.

OP
J

Jefe3223

agreed. I didn't mean to over do anything, just wanted to get my throw in before it closed. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.