Don'T know how to install my router! (D-link DIR-615) router

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
I just bought my first router (D-link DIR-615) and I don't know where to begin to install it! There's no instructions for intallations for a Mac.
Is there someone who can help me with that or I will spend 150$ more to buy a Apple airport base station with a automatic installation!.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There really is no difference between connecting it to your Mac or a Win box.

If you're going to hook it up to your iMac with a cable - not much to it in most cases.

With DSL or cable high speed internet - I'd go ahead and unplug the modem. Connect an RJ45 cable from your modem to the WAN port on the router, connect another from the router to your iMac. Plug in the modem and wait until all lights are green (or whatever color they're suppose to be on yours). Plug in the router and turn it on. Wait 30 seconds and turn on your computer. Should be good to go.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Who is your ISP? Is it Cable or DSL?

Should be as easy as Bobtomay said, but if you have issues, come back and let us know what is going on.

OP
bellastrada
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
Thanks guys for your help! I just understand that I have to open a browser type a IP address and all the fonctions are there!

For now it work and I don't have to use the wireless... It will probably be another game to protect a wireless access!;)
Thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
If u need to get to admin page - manual should be available here D-Link Wireless N Router and that will give the adress and default user and password to get in. Your ISP will provide settings u need to include.

Reaction score
It will probably be another game to protect a wireless access!;)
To do so, just find the Wireless settings in the router's admin page, chose
- WPA2 (AES) as security type
- pick a password for the wpa
- pick the name of the wifi network you want to have
;)

tex

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.