Keychain always asks for email password

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini
I have Snow Leopard, Mail, 1Password etc but since upgrading Mail constantly asks for my Comcast email password. I have checked Keychain & 1Password, all is correct. I notice also I am having the bouncing postage stamp icon for Mail & I then have to take the option Mailbox- Take all accounts online.
Everything else works once I enter the password but it's annoying. BTW of course I check "Remember..."
Any ideas?
p.s If this is not the right forum for this problem, what is?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Comcast's email servers have occasionally caused this problem and it's been reported on their own forums. I'm not having the issue at the moment though, so I suspect it might be your account settings.

Take a look at this site and see if your settings match the recommended ones.

Also, this is Comcast's official setup for Apple Mail, although it's a bit dated (looks like the Tiger version of Mail or earlier):

Welcome to Comcast customerCentral!

Reaction score
I have the same problem, but I'm with a Canadian provider (Bell). Doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.