powermac inside dimensions

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a project going at work and we want to use the power mac case for this project. I was wondering if anyone that had a power mac G5 would be willing to measure the inside of it for me. I have called 6 apple store and posted in apple discussion forum and i was told "good luck and that no one would be willing to take the side cover off and measure the inside". i want to know before i buy one and then find out it wont work. can anyone help me?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hello,
I have a project going at work and we want to use the power mac case for this project. I was wondering if anyone that had a power mac G5 would be willing to measure the inside of it for me. I have called 6 apple store and posted in apple discussion forum and i was told "good luck and that no one would be willing to take the side cover off and measure the inside". i want to know before i buy one and then find out it wont work. can anyone help me?

Not necessarily related to your question...but you mentioned "buying one".

I'm assuming that you're going to "gut" the case for this project?

If so...I hope you were planning on purchasing a non-working G5 to save yourself some money...unless money is not important.

Also...in case you didn't know, a Mac Pro case I believe is exactly the same as the PowerMac G5.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
Nick thanks for the reply. I was going to buy a non working one and gut it. I figured they were the same size i just posted under powermac. if some on can give me a rough inside size i would really appreciate it. i thought it was just a lever on the back that opens the side. I was trying to get the size before Monday. I did not know it would be this tough. Thanks for the reply.

Reaction score
The inside of a Quicksilver case is like 7 inches deep and 13 inches tall. 14 inches from front to back. This would be totally empty. A G5 case is taller. Sorry don't have one on hand to measure.

During all of this my Belkin wireless router fell on the floor ...I hope it didnt break.

OP
C
Reaction score
thanks Mac SK,
that gets me closer than I was. I really appreciate you finding that information out. Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.