Is NeoOffice incompatible with SL?

Reaction score
Recently upgraded, but when I try to open NeoOffice the icon bounces in the dock for a little while and then closes, as if I told it to 'Force Quit'. Anyone else been having problems with Neo?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hmmm... OpenOffice.org (the package on which NeoOffice is based) seems to work fine. Perhaps remove and reinstall the latest version?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 266ghz, 4gig, 320gigHD, MacBook, 2.4ghz,250gigHD,4gigRam
No problems here, after up grade. That was one of the first programs I checked first after install.

OP
W
Reaction score
I kept the .dmg I downloaded, so I just tried your advice... no success. :(

Maybe I should download it again from the site? I have a feeling that won't change anything though.

And OpenOffice does work on my macbook, but I prefer Neo so I'm hoping to get that working soon.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I kept the .dmg I downloaded, so I just tried your advice... no success. :(

Maybe I should download it again from the site? I have a feeling that won't change anything though.

And OpenOffice does work on my macbook, but I prefer Neo so I'm hoping to get that working soon.

Use a program like AppCleaner to fully remove it. Then download the latest from the site.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Have you read this page, specifically the first point:
- NeoOffice 3.0 and 2.2.5 installations will not launch
- Problem: After NeoOffice 3.0 and 2.2.5 were released, Apple made some changes in Mac OS X 10.6 that causes NeoOffice to fail to launch.
- Solution: We have fixed this problem in NeoOffice 3.0.1 Early Access.
What version of NeoOffice are you using?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.