Trouble setting up network printer

Reaction score
I have an Epson printer installed on my iMac, and my wife was able to add the printer to her HP PC without any difficulties. However, we recently purchased another iMac for my kids, and I cannot get the printer installed to use wirelessly. The iMac has the printer listed as an option in the drop down box (and is selected as the default printer) but when I attempt to print a document, it appears to be searching for it for a few minutes, and then an error message comes up stating that it could not locate the printer and something about Port 631. I checked the wireless connection, and it is working fine.

Anyone know what could be happening (or not happening, as the case may be?).

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Is the Epson printer physically attached to one of your computers, or is it wireless only?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It is not connected to any computer, wireless only.

I would get the latest version of the driver from the Epson website and give that a shot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
And similarly i would physically connect printer to each computer to confirm that it can print to the printer and then reselect as default in each computer once it is back wirelessly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
try going into;
system preferences, Print and Fax
and then removing the printer and re-adding it...

Reaction score
Hi,
The wireless network at my high school has several network printers set up throughout the building. I was wondering whether it is possible to use my laptop with these printers.
Thank you...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.