problem restoring system from time machine

Reaction score
Hi there,

Today I installed a little program to convert flac audio files to mp3. When I ran the program the computer froze, so I rebooted but then I could move the cursor but not click on any menus or icons on the desktop, they just wouldnt respond - so basically I couldnt use the computer. After re-booting a few times with the same result I decided to reinstall the system using time machine from an external hard drive. I reinstalled OSX, then reinstalled Snow Leopard, then reinstalled the system from a previous save from Time Machine. It said the installation was successful, but when the computer restarted a message comes up saying "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again". Ive done this about 5 times now but it always just says the same message without starting properly. WHAT DO I DO???? I really need to use my computer tomorrow so any help is hugely appreciated!!! TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks for the help! I checked my hardware and startup using disk utility and it said it was all fine - maybe the reinstalled system from time machine was corrupted? Im now reinstalling an earlier save of the system from time machine, hopefully this will work!! Do you think its corrupted system files from time machine?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.