Software Tracking Sites...

K

Kokopelli

I was wondering which sites readers here went to when looking for software and software updates. The two obvious candidates are VersionTracker.com and MacUpdates.com. Which (if either) do you prefer? Also does anyone use the MacUdate Desktop or VersionTracker Pro?

I currently use both but prefer MacUpdate's layout and thus go there first. I do not use either update service but am thinking about it. Right now I just check every once and a while to see if an update has come out immediately before I load a particular app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I use MacUpdate.com. I hate Versiontrackers cluttered, horrible interface. As for updates, I have MacUpdate e-mail me whenever a new version of a program is released that I have on my watch list.

OP
J

Jefe3223

I'm with schweb on this one. I don't have macudate, email me though.
On a related note, that software update utility is quite annoying, in my opinion. It seems to come at the worst time and tell me I need to update stuff, even if it is up to date. Eh, I prefer to look it up myself. That's just me, though....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I use macupdate and completely agree with schweb. I use their RSS feed though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
AH yes, I forgot that I also use their RSS feed. It's nice to also see new software that I may not have noticed before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Mod Notes : Fixed Thread Title

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
I have issues with MacUpdate, so i don't update my software there (but they spider my site so its pointless eitherway). Otherwise theres Macshareware.net

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.