• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Recall issued for all Segway scooters

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Source: MacMinute.com

Recall issued for all Segway scooters
September 26, 2003 - 14:06 EDT The company behind the Segway Human Transporter has agreed to recall the motorized scooters because riders have been injured falling off when its batteries are low. "The Consumer Product Safety Commission announced the recall Friday, saying that three people had been injured. One suffered a head wound and needed stitches," reports AP. "The recall involves about 6,000 of the single-rider, two-wheeled scooters that can travel up to 12 mph. The scooter uses gyroscopes to keep it upright, making it less likely to fall or be knocked over."

My Comments: Those things are kewl! Ever since I saw them come out I have wanted one, but with the price tag they have.. I could buy a G5 super computer! :) Recalled.. ouch that's got to hurt

T

tommy lee

Recall Ibook

See? Now if you were to post stuff like that on Segway's site, they'd delete it.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm.. i hadnt tried posting there.. havent had a reason to.. did you ask them why they deleted your post?

D

dbrown

Murlyn said:
Hmm.. i hadnt tried posting there.. havent had a reason to.. did you ask them why they deleted your post?

Not in defense of anyone, but apple is pretty good about deleting any posts that could be construed as anti-apple. I can understand that, but there are a few buzzwords that they will definately find and delete.

Back on topic: As for the scooters...I never wuite understood them,

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They are absolutely awesome from the sound of it.. with a slight shift in body they move where you want to go.. it's really sweet.. and all the reviews I read on them were packed with cheers and joys and lots of happiness :) But they were extremely expensive so that's why I thought they were awesome, but that's as far as I went.. and now it looks like they have some injuries.. and it's not due to user error either from the sound of it.. they do sound faulty so it's good they are being recalled and hopefully they'll figure out the problem and put them back on the market, with a about a 22K price cut :)

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Whoops! No they are 5,000 so not as bad as I was remembering, but still WAY over my budget :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
At $5000 I can buy something that can go a lot, a lot faster.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
rman said:
At $5000 I can buy something that can go a lot, a lot faster.

ya, like a dual G5!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
tommy lee said:
See? Now if you were to post stuff like that on Segway's site, they'd delete it.

I am sorry but Tommy Lee you are wrong. Segway has announced it themselves that they are recalling, therefore they would not delete it. By no way was this news report saying anything bad about Segway. We are not bashing Segway, several people have said that they would buy one, and have always wanted one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.